Table of Contents
What is Aadhar?
Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the Indian government to every individual resident of India. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UDAI), which functions under the Planning Commission of India, is responsible for managing Aadhaar numbers and Aadhaar identification cards.
How to apply for it?
Application for Aadhar can only be done offline because it requires biometrics of the person.
- You must visit the nearest Aadhar enrollment Center, with an original identity and residential address proof such as photo ID Card, PAN card, Passport, Driving License. Also, take some duplicate copies in case they ask you to give them one.
- There you would get an enrollment form, you must fill it carefully and accurately and submit the supporting documents.
- The worker will record your biometrics at the Centre.
- You would get an acknowledgment receipt from the Centre. You can use this number till your Aadhar is not ready.
- You will receive your Aadhar number online via the provided email ID, within 90 days.
Moreover, please note that this service is free of cost and no application fee is to be charged.
How to apply for Aadhar of a minor or a child?
- Documents Required For Aadhar Card For Child
There are not many documents required. The ones that are necessary, are as follows-
- Birth Certificate of the applicant
- Aadhar card details of the child’s parents
- Address proof of the child’s parents
- Identity proof of the child’s parents
Parents can procure Aadhar cards for their children if they are above the age of 1. The process of application is the same. They must furnish their birth certificate, along with proof of identity, and address of payments.
For children below 5 years, no biometrics will be captured.
Their UID be processed on the basis of demographic information and facial photograph linked with the UID of their parents. These children will need to be re-enrolled with biometrics of ten fingers, iris, and facial photograph when they turn 5.
Their biometrics will be updated once they turn 15. Intimation to this effect will be mentioned in the original Aadhar letter.