This is the Venice of Rajasthan. The White City is famous for its lakes and romantic palaces. In the past, this was the romantic getaway spot for the royals to enjoy monsoon and peace. There are dedicated palaces for enjoying monsoon, lakes and others. Thus, if you are looking for a romantic kindling experience, this ancient Mewar capital is the right place to enjoy a lavishing vacation.
Table of Contents
Airport – Maharana Pratap airport
Best time to visit – September to March
Distance from Delhi – 663 km
Top Attractions To Cover In Udaipur
- City Palace – 16th century palace famous for Rajput’s military architecture, palace gates, mahals and others.
- Lake Pichola – famous for boating, bathing ghats, sunset view, romantic evening picnic and much more.
- Jag Mandir – 17th century fort famous for gardens, courtyards, marble structures and a luxury hotel
- Saajjan Garh fort – famously called as Monsoon palace, which is famous for enjoying sunsets. It gives a grand view of the lake and is surrounded by a wildlife sanctuary of the same name.
- Gangaur ghat – famous for religious celebrations and festivals.
- Lake Fatehgarh – famous for Pratap memorial, morning walk, motor boat ride and others.
- Jagdish temple – 17th century temple famous for Indo-Aryan architecture.
- Lake Palace – located inside Lake Pichola, famous for fretwork screens, exquisite décor, heritage hotel stay and others.
- Saheliyonki Bari – the Garden of Maidens is famous for marble sculptures, lotus pool, fountain, stroll lane and picnic spots.
- Bhartiya Lok Kala museum – famous for historic elements like collection of ancient musical instruments, puppets, paintings, tribal jewels dolls, turbans, masks and dresses.
- Bagoreki Haveli – famous for its grand structure comprising more than 100 rooms. The décor is still maintained with hukkas, dice games, copper vessels, paintings and others. At evening, the haveli holds a light and sound show.
- Ahar – A little away from Udaipur, you can find the cremation spot of royals. It holds more than 300 cenotaphs of royals of Mewar.
- Ambrai Ghat – located on the banks of Lake Pichola, this place is for those who look for a silent romantic spot.
Best Way To Reach Udaipur
Udaipur is a major tourist destination and it can be easily reached via variable options from luxury trains like Palace on Wheels to direct flight. If you are confused about what transport is the best and give an unforgettable journey, Palace Wheels is the best option. Here you can see
Also Read: Best Spa Packages For Wedding Couples
The nearest airport is located inside the city. The airport receives flights from many major destinations like Delhi, Mumbai and others. If you are choosing trains, you can find trains from many major cities of the country and every city inside Rajasthan to Udaipur. Buses and cabs to and from Udaipur are also quite common.
Cuisine Of The Land
Top dishes to try here are :
- Boiled eggburji
- Chaat items
What To Buy In Udaipur?
- Hathi Pol Bazaar – art works, paintings, camel skin articles, accessories and others.
- Bada Bazaar – textiles, silver articles, camel bone articles and others.
- Chetak Circle – craft items, décor items, pottery items and others.
- Bapu Bazaar – street food, souvenirs, handicraft items and others.
- Shilpgram – handicrafts, textiles and others
Things To Do In Udaipur
Top Things to Do In Udaipur are :
- Sunset traditional boat cruise on Lake Pichola to visit the four islands in it.
- Visit Karni Mata temple to watch rats being prayed to.
- Ride the cable car near Karni Mata temple to enjoy an aerial view
- Visit the vintage car museum
Festivals Of Udaipur
- Mewar festival of March
- Diwali of October – November
- Teej of July – August
- Holi of March
- Shilpgram Utsav of December